The New Age of Mobility
Friday, September 30th, 2011
On September 30, 2011, over 400 members of Canada's IT community were in attendance for WBM's "The New Age of Mobility" event. We explored the fast emerging role that mobile technologies are playing in driving transformative change into some of the nation's largest and most progressive IT organizations. Highlights included:
- A major economic announcement as WBM moves to construct 3 Operation Centres in Western Canada.
- WBM recognized as one of the Top 100 Managed Service Organizations in North America by industry organization BEI.
- Apple Awarded WBM with Authorized Partner Status.
- The 3rd Annual IT SUMMIT series, featuring peer presentations for Enterprise and healthcare specific breakouts.
- A Chief Executive industry panel exploring the role that mobility is playing in some of Western Canada's most impressive IT organizations, and their strategies moving forward.
- A keynote address from Mark Snider, Vice President & General Manager of Ingram Micro Canada, representing a perspective on mobility from the world's largest technology distributor.
- A performance by "The Gutterdogs" and the children of Vincent Massey Community School, as WBM announced a program to provide iPad's to their teachers and students.