Methodologies, Tools, & Processes
Print Optimization Methodologies
WBM utilizes our SmartPRINT phased approach for assessments. We have developed our process through ongoing work within the Enterprise.
And to us, the objective of establishing trust, confidence, and personal rapport
with the end users and managers within the environment has emerged as essential to the success of our solution.
Identify Goals for the SmartPRINT Assessment
WBM will work to identify and prioritize any specific organizational goals that may exist. These generally include:
- Strong End-User Satisfaction
- Operating Cost Management and Reduction
- Improve Organizational Efficiency
- Improve Infrastructure Management
- Deliver Quantified Environmental Performance Improvements
Current State Assessment
- Preliminary Meeting
- Data Collection
- Analysis and Solution Development
- Publish Document Detailing Optimized Print Infrastructure
The SmartPRINT Team draws on extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of printer/copier/fax/scan, document workflow, IT networking, and customer satisfaction to build the optimized solution from a departmental efficiency and end user satisfaction perspective.
We then calculate environmental footprint reduction, average energy cost savings, percentage reductions in devices under management, and hard operating cost savings to ensure there is a compelling business case for optimization.
Features of the SmartPRINT Optimization Report include:
- A complete infrastructure design for optimization, including floor plans showing optimized layout, and print flow charts plotting end user output destinations.
- Optimized custom device configurations designed to meet each departmental job type encountered and maximize workflow by department.
- Optimized device models designed to maximize cost savings and ensure speed efficiency for different output volume requirements.
- A cost comparison showing the current environment vs. our recommendations for an optimized environment, by department and overall.
- An environmental performance summary detailing the % reduction in devices under management and an estimated energy consumption savings.
- A phased strategy for migrating from the current environment to an optimized environment. This strategy covers end user change management strategies (new features, higher speed devices, end user satisfaction surveys, etc.). It lays out opportunities to enhance infrastructure for immediate cost savings, including cascading devices, replacing problematic hardware, etc., in such a way as to realize the most ROI up front. It then details, step by step, our recommendations for phasing in the optimized environment.